June 2021 Monthly Wrap-Up

 June 2021 Monthly Wrap-Up


This month has gone so quickly! It feels like just yesterday it started. I've read 15 books and here they are. 


Statistics

I'll start with some statistics as I have made a google form for all the books I read in a month.




Okay so most of the books I read (ten) were 300-400 pages which is a pretty average book length. One of them was 400-500 pages and four of them were less than 300 pages. That's pretty normal for me so I'm happy with it.



I think there's a pretty big mix of the year the books were released but obviously more are from 2020 and 2021 so on the newer side.


I think I read a mix of genres too. So the majority was graphic novels and romances, with a runner up of historical fiction.




Mostly young adult. No teen or middle grade. Not much else to note.


They are about as even as they can be. Some of these are just backlist books from authors I've read from before (or not) though.


It was a really good reading month in terms of star rating with mostly 4 and 5 stars! 


I think this one is interesting because it shows how influenced I am to read books by the media. It makes sense that I found the most from BookTube because it's the one I watch the most.


The Books

All 15 of the books I read this month and a mini summary of my thoughts.


⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5 stars

This was overall an enjoyable read. I liked the characters 
but it felt a bit juvenile at times.


⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5 stars

Perfect, amazing, a new favourite. I love Taylor Jenkins Reid. 
This was my most anticipated release of 2021 and it did not disappoint.


⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5 stars

It wasn't as good as Red, White and Royal Blue 
but it was still good in its own right.


⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5 stars

To be honest I don't really remember this but 
it was a fun time and I read it in one day.


⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5 stars

This was also a really fun time. I liked this a lot. 
You can see my full review here.


⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5 stars

I'm going to do this series in one because there are four. This was so good! 
The main relationship was so cute and I loved all the characters (mostly). 
And the best part is that you can read them for free on Webtoons!


⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5 stars

Another 5 star queer graphic novel! I loved it, it was so 
sweet and I need the sequel.


⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5 stars

This is my third read of this in as many months and it was so 
heartbreaking, especially when you can see all the foreshadowing.


⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5 stars

Another great book. I have no complaints. 
I have a full review for this here.


⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5 stars

Firstly. Look. At. That. Cover. So creepy. Full review here.


⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 3 stars

It was really a good book before that ending. What was that?
You can see my full thoughts here.


⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ / 5 stars

I pulled an all-nighter on a school night to read this and 
it was so worth it. I may or may not write a review for it.

Okay that's it! This was fun to write. Goodbye!











Comments

Popular Posts